INTERIOR DESIGN / ARCHITECTURE ASSISTANT
- Assist the Principal & Designers in overseeing large-scale, long-term design projects from concept through installation for high-end residential, hospitality, and boutique commercial projects Assist in the drawing & development of comprehensive design plans & construction drawing sets including sourcing, floorplans, elevations, etc
- Collaborate with outside consultants and project partners including Architects, General Contractors, Craftsmen, & more
- Drive project progress through timeline management and vendor expediting
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with clients and vendors
- Prepare proposals for product & labor
- Prepare materials & organize presentations before client meetings
- Interpret and help bring-to-life the design vision for clients
- Design custom furniture, cabinetry, textiles and more to achieve the design vision
- Create finish schedules and coordinate construction with architects/builders
- Contact vendors for pricing & samples
- Order and track product through to project installation
- Organize materials for client presentations
- Accessorize & style rooms for photo shoots
- Marketing Assistance
- Office tidying & organization as well as resource library maintenance/organization
- Pick-up and return unused product & samples as required
- Seamlessly transition orders and contractor-management to Project Management group at firm
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-5 years professional experience in related field (interior design, architecture, product/furniture design, textile design, hospitality design, etc) Bachelors degree (or Masters) in Interior Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, or related field
- Impeccable design taste and alignment with Principal’s design style and philosophies
- Strong 2D AUTOCAD & Photoshop experience mandatory. InDesign and Illustrator strongly preferred. Rendering, hand-sketching, and 3D skills a plus but not required
- Proficiency in google suites, sheets, docs required.
- Ability to problem-solve, try new things, and seek solutions with limited supervisor direction and a positive attitude.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects with varying timelines and deliverables at once
- Teamwork & collaboration-minded
- Proactive self-starter – shows both initiative and detailed follow-through/completion
- Valid driver’s license & transportation
- Strong attention to detail & strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate in a professional and polished manner are a must .
- Positive, steady, calm and fun, team player, utmost integrity, honesty, & no-drama/ego attitude a necessity!
SEND RESUME, PORTFOLIO & REFERENCES TO: [email protected]
- 2 weeks paid vacation
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
French & French Interiors is known for fearlessly bold and colorful interiors that give homes life! The firm’s work has been featured in House Beautiful, Country Living, NYTimes, HGTV, Origin Magazine, Apartment Therapy, Lonny and more. From their Santa Fe headquarters the boutique firm of 5, leads projects statewide. For details visit French & French Interiors